Dates: 11th–12th June 2022
Location: Akiu City Center, Taihaku Ward, Sendai
Sendai Akiu Soba Festival 2022
A Must-Attend Soba Event for Soba Lovers!
The "Sendai Akiu Soba Festival," which has been canceled for the last 2 years due to COVID-19, will make its grand return on June 11th and 12th at the Akiu Civic Center.
The highlight of the event is undoubtedly the handmade soba noodles, prepared using native Akiu soba flour. These will be served on both days for just 500 yen per meal. Since the handmade soba will be limited to 400 servings per day, a numbered ticket is required. Tickets will be distributed from 10:00AM so make sure to get your meal during the allocated time slot!
Soba Time Slots
- 11:00AM–11:30AM numbers 1-50
- 11:30AM–12:00PM numbers 51-100
- 12:00PM–12:30PM numbers 101-150
- 12:30PM–13:00PM numbers 151-200
- 13:00PM–13:30PM numbers 201-250
- 13:30PM–14:00PM numbers 251-300
- 14:00PM–14:30PM numbers 301-350
- 14:30PM–15:00PM numbers 351-400
Other than the main event, stroll around the market area selling local products from Akiu region and enjoy the other smaller events happening around the venue. Don't miss the "Competition of Soba Making Masters in Akiu" held on the 12th!