25 – 26 June 2022・Location: Sendai Mediatheque, Downtown Sendai Miyagi Prefecture...
Discover local indie productions at the festival for cinema enthusiasts!
The Sendai Short Film Festival, which has been held since November 2001, will be held from June 25th at Sendai Mediathèque once again this year. This year's festival will feature short films that one rarely has the chance to enjoy in Sendai. The works of up-and-coming new generations as well as past masterpieces will be on a big screen near you. In other words, the festival screens a mix of brand new works and recent gems that deserve to be better known.
Come and discover Sendai's cinema scene on the weekend of the 25th!
- 11:00AM–12:00PM "A Program" —A production by Zaisen high school students
- 13:00PM–15:10PM "B Program" —A production by MOOSIC LAB (a preview of their newest works)
- 15:45PM–18:10PM "C Program" —A period drama, science fiction, romance, and coming-of-age story by Naoyuki Miura
- 11:00AM–13:00PM "D Program" — "New Wave" by Daisuke Miyazaki
- 13:50PM–16:40PM "E Program" — "Listening to Movies" by Yuichi Kishino. Enjoy Yuichi Kishino's commentary on the wonderful relationship between movies and music.
- 17:15PM–18:45PM "F Program" — "The Eyes of Cameraman Robbie Mueller," a must-see piece by anyone who, in this day and age, can easily shoot images and film.
Official Page (Japanese): shortpiece.com
- Adults: 1000 yen
- High school students and younger, senior citizens, and people with disabilities (HOWARI Certificate): 800 yen
Location: Sendai Mediatheque 7F, Downtown Sendai
Written by Catrina Sugita
Writer & 2022 Editor-in-Chief